Pages

Central City Health Coalition Health Fair Jan. 23 12-4pm

Sunday, January 25, 2009

On January 23, 2009, Consciously Rebuilding tabled at the Central City Health Coalition Health Fair. It was so nice to have a table and leave the stress of organizing on someone else :) Natalie did a wonderful job.

I must say that although this is not a challenge or competition, Consciously Rebuilding totally killed it. We were one of the most popular tables (following the free flu shots) and we got completely wiped out of stuff. I returned home with 1 water bottle. I will have the results in a later post, but over 50 people visited the table and commited to an initial action to be healthy. This goes to show you that freebies + friendliness = interested bodies. Once I reeled them in, they received a quick intro of Consciously Rebuilding and the importance of green and healthy living. I told everyone that all of our goodies are "free"....however I asked that they review the tipsheet on energy, water, air quality, and fitness and write down a commitment to a healthier lifestyle. Fitness was extremely popylar, followed by nutrition. After each person signed-up, I thanked them for their efforts and they were all caught offguard, or surprised, but genuinely appreciative to return the thanks. Sometimes a simple, "Thank you" makes a huge difference in motivating someone.

Here are the pics and our next event is at Earth Fest at the Audubon Zoo on March 21-22, 2009.

TTYL

Yasmin








1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, it's Melissa Lovell. I was next to you at this health fair and am actually in a couple of these pix. I hope all is well with you. Check out my blog www.randomactsofcraftneworleans.blogspot.com