Pages

Bayou Boogaloo Recycled Tshirts

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ok, so I've been a little spacey over the past month. Basically my life has been work, work, work, some play, and work. We're working hard on the recycled glass jewelry line so send prayers, positive thoughts, and wishful thinking this way.


With that said on Saturday, May 23, 2009 I attended the Bayou Boogaloo. I enjoyed the hot sun, the sounds of Soul Rebels (my favorite brass band) and discovered a very eco-firendly and socially responsible "New Orleans Craft Mafia." A group of artists and dressmakers are empowering/encouraging/teaching people how to transform tshirts into dresses, purses, and halter tops. I knew I wanted one of these so I approached the booth and started cutting, sewing, and tying a very cool halter. I must admit that this is my new favorite shirt. Check them out and support this non-profit. www.neworleanscraftmafia.com

TTYL

Yasmin





1 comments:

Miss Malaprop said...

Hi, thanks for the post! The New Orleans Craft Mafia is celebrating our birthday this month (4 years old!) along with Antigravity Magazine & Twisted Hair Salon. We're having a birthday bash to celebrate this Thursday evening at Twisted! It's free to come... I hope you can make it! Here's the details:

http://www.neworleanscraftmafia.com/events.html

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=82991926817