Pages

State of Environmental Justice Conference 2009

Sunday, June 14, 2009





On May 27-29, I had the wonderful pleasure of attending the State of Environmental Justice Conference in Washington, DC. I saw some familiar faces and met some really cool people. The conference had wonderful panels that discussed the stimulus money and environmental justice, youth leadership within the environmental justice community, and how current legislation such as the Waxman-Markey Bill/American Clean Energy and Security Act addresses or needs to address environmental justice communities. The conference engaged my in topics that I hadn't thought of and reaffirmed the need for traditional green and brown environmental movements to coexist and unite in environmental health equity for all.


That's all for the soapbox. Consciously Rebuilding tabled the event (It basically consisted of me running in between panels, but I tried :)

Also, my past boss and mentor de'Lisa Bratcher received an award for her hard work and committment to Environmental Justice and Equity within the Department of Energy. Ms. Bratcher is my second mom and a huge supporter of my career. I love you de'Lisa.

0 comments: