Pages

Last summer glass drive (#5)

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yesterday I attended the Healing Center's open house. I am so excited that they will be opening in 2010 to offer a health-hub in my neighborhood. There were all kinds of yoga, massage, spiritual healings, reiki, etc. I got a back massage and although I didn't fall asleep like I usually do, I did get my shoulders stretched out.


Toward the end of the day, I picked up the glass from our final glass recycling drive. This was the biggest to date, over 300 bottles. If we get our funding, the program will be reinstated at the Sankofa Marketplace in September. In the meantime I invite all supporters of recycling to call their congressman, state representatives, and city councilmen. Bug the heck out of them and let them know that recycling is a public service that non-profits can only support--not solely provide.


Our focus will be the glass jewelry line that will launch soon....so keep an eye out.


TTYL

Yasmin


0 comments: